Rich started his career as a meteorologist where he would broadcast weather forecasts on client radio stations throughout the North East. A passionate weather and climate enthusiasts to this day (Rich met his wife in Climatology class in college), he was eventually attracted to business and information technology.
He moved on to Mobil Oil where he served in the company’s IT department while earning his MBA in Information Services at Drexel University at night. Rich started a workforce training business where he and his partners developed and delivered office automation instruction to adults in government and industry. Rich spent 3 years working with Xerox Document University designing and implementing a Competency Model for service repair personnel.
Rich has over 35 years of experience in a variety of businesses spending most of his career in instructional design, curriculum development, and online course development and delivery. For the past 12 years Rich has worked in the real estate industry as a licensed REALTOR in the Commonwealth of Virginia and a Digital Marketing Consultant to Brokers and small to mid-sized companies.
PAST AND CURRENT POSITIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* REALTOR: Century 21 Redwood Realty
* Advanced Commercial Advisor: Century 21
* Commercial Investment Network: Century 21
* Executive Committee, Member Services: Dulles Area Association of REALTORS
* Budget and Finance Committee: Dulles Area Association of REALTORS
* Membership Committee Chair: Dulles Area Association of REALTORS
* Education Committee Member: Dulles Area Association of REALTORS
* Technology Development and Communication Member: Dulles Area Association of REALTORS
* MBA – Management Information Systems: Drexel University
* IT Competency Consultant: Xerox Document University
* Business Systems Development Analyst: Mobil Oil Corporation
* General Manager/Business Development: ITA Training Corp
* President: Educate America Corp
* VP Education and Technology Committee: Loudoun Chamber of Commerce
* Chair, Small Business Awards Committee: Loudoun Chamber of Commerce
* Advisory Board: Old Dominion University, Sterling Campus
* Executive Member: Northern Virginia Regional Partnership
* President: Ashburn Girls Softball League
* Head Coach: Ashburn Shooting Stars (Tournamnent Softball)
* Chairman, Orientation Committee: Westchester Community College
* Key Student Award Recipient: Westchester Community College
* Real Estate Digital Marketing Consultant: DomainDrivers
* REALTOR: Weichert REALTORS
* New Agent Training Mentor/Coach: Weichert REALTORS
Rich has been featured in Knowledge Management World, Insight Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, and the Washington Post.